Examining the code

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 08:49:07 EST 2013

On 02/27/2013 02:29 PM, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> Sure, but that's not different from the current situation, and yet almost nobody tried.

Having developed the horizontal Toolbar for version 2 there was a
complete interface redesign performed by the good folks
at base (think RR/LC 2 versus 2.6) and, having put a lot of effort into
that, I couldn't summon the energy to do it again.

As far as I know my horizontal toolbar was used by about 2-3 people.

With LC becoming Open Source any sort of effort of that type would be
likely to have a much larger uptake, even if
only because instead of, say, 1000 seats as an installed base in 2001 (
I don't know what the figure really was), in 2013-14 we
might be looking at a million.

Certainly, from a pedagogical view, I don't think the drop-down menu
Object/New Control is as useful as a horizontal bar with iconic
representations of all the Objects on offer.

Richmond.