Some basic concerns

Ronald Zellner zellner at tamu.edu
Thu Feb 21 13:45:31 EST 2013

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 11:32:17 -0500
> From: Colin Holgate <coiin at verizon.net>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: Some basic concerns
>
> If you are just using your developer certificate and profile, then ye, it would expire if you don't keep your account up to date.
>
> Data could be sent to a server, and retrieved by the app, in the same way that you can with any technology. That would give you the option too of sharing the iPad data with the desktop version of the app.

I'm familiar with the server delivery/storage capability, but I didn't know if there are viable options for data storage on the iPad like there is on a laptop.

Mark mentioned that if I put it on the iTunes App store, then it will not expire.  I'm wondering if I put a high price on it  maybe I can keep it there without it getting spread around since it will be for a research project and would have data server submission/access features.  Guess the easiest way is to not let the developer certificate expire.

Thanks,

Ron