Set default keyboard layout (for other language) for a field

Jonathan Cooper drdada at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 20:39:28 EST 2013

I've just created a stack with fields that will contain text in Esperanto.
I have a keyboard layout ("Esperanto-sc") installed on my Mac that allows
me to type special accented Esperanto characters (eg, "ĉ", "ŭ"). If I click
in a field and *then* change the keyboard layout from (the default)
"Australian" to "Esperanto-sc", I'm able to type Esperanto characters OK,
but as soon as I exit the field, the keyboard layout switches back to
"Australian". Is there any way to stop this happening? Or, failing that, to
have Livecode automatically set the keyboard layout as soon as the field is
opened?

I've searched the archives and all I can find are some old messages (2003)
about storing a coded version of a field's UniCode content in a hidden
field, but that seems unnecessarily complex (and doesn't solve the problem
of how to enter the text in the first place).

Thanks.

--
Jonathan Cooper
http://doctordada.com