Reposting: Windows 7, Livecode and Unicode fonts.

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 14:36:59 EST 2013

On 02/09/2013 09:22 PM, Paul Hibbert wrote:
> Richmond,
>
> Just a long shot (because I'm no expert on Windows or Unicode Fonts), but have you looked at the Windows setting "Hide fonts based on language settings"?
>
> In case you haven't seen it (but I'll guess you probably have)

Your guess is wrong; I am almost completely unfamiliar with any form of
Windows after XP.

> , it's buried in:
>
> Control Panel > Appearance & Personalisation > Fonts > Font Settings

I am just firing up VMWare Player with Win 7 and will take your advice.

> I haven't used or changed this setting since installing Win7 and notice that it is ON by default. Looks to me like MS are assuming people only speak one language!
>
> Like I said, just a long shot.
>
> Paul

Thank you for the idea.

I hope, shortly, to provide some feedback as to how Livecode behaves
inside Windows 7 with non-Latin unicode fonts
with your suggestions.

Richmond.