Polling/probing the keyboard?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 22 14:55:04 EST 2013

On 22/12/13 20:59, william humphrey wrote:
> If this was possible to do on Mac OS why does Apple have you
> physically hit the keys on the keyboard when you add a new keyboard
> (by plugging it in USB or over Bluetooth). If the keyboard could be
> told to send that data it would be much easier.

I don't know what you are talking about; I happily swap keyboards around
amongst my various machines
(which include 2 PPC Macs) with no observable problems, nor what you
describe.

Richmond.

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 21/12/13 09:39, As_Simon wrote:
>>> Hi Richond,
>>> I just did a vb script for send keys today;
>>>
>>> Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
>>> WshShell.AppActivate "Untitled 1 *"
>>> Wscript.Sleep 1000 'wait 1 seconds
>>> WshShell.SendKeys "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz"
>>> WshShell.SendKeys "{ENTER}"