Can't call functions from messagebox in 6.5.1

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Sat Dec 21 18:24:59 EST 2013

This is AWFUL, and I will tell you why.

You can no longer  say:

put yourFunction() into fld 1 --from the message box

So I see how absolutely cool a feature it is, saving enormous energy to only have to write

yourFunction()

and have it appear in msg, but what if I want to test the function and have the answer appear in a field? Oh, well then, just make a button and put a handler in its script. No problem. None at all.

(Or, er, am I overdoing this and there is in fact a way to do this from msg?)

Craig