Players and Sounds - stuff you might want to know

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 20 06:17:15 EST 2013

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I was surprised when I read (2)  of Grahams "stuff", because
I noticed that my player continues when I move to another card,
so I investigated. My tests were limited to the IDE mode !

I found that I can go to another card in the stack IF the card
has the same background, and the player item is part of that
background. If I go to a card (such as a stack header card)
with no background, the player stops. I can execute commands
to go to another card by button, or by entering the command
manually, as long as the indicated card has the same background.

Does this sound logical ? Can't say, but that's what I found.

I don't have my player in a substack, and have been playing MP3
tracks in many stacks for some years, and have never had any
problems. I was surprised at the wealth of comments on this
subject, as I wrote my code in 5 minutes and it worked without
any hassle.

I can show my simple code if requested.

Best Regards

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time".