RELEASE: LiveCode 6.5.1 RC1
ben at runrev.com
Fri Dec 6 12:33:11 EST 2013
Dear List Members,
We are pleased to announce the release of LiveCode 6.5.1-rc-1.
*Warning*, there still may be bugs in this pre-release. It is always good
practice to back up your stacks before testing.
Thank you to all those who reported bugs since the release of LiveCode
6.5.0. It's your work that enables us to fix and refine our releases and
we're grateful for your support.
Control the screen pixel scaling.
11 bug fixes:
- 11553 - Fill overlaps borders for arcs
- 11551 - Stacks with many referenced images can take a long time to save.
- 11549 - Text fails to render if a single native encoded character is
followed by a unicode character in a field in certain cases.
- 11547 - Setting the textColor of a line in a field doesn't work
- 11535 - Monospaced fonts do not have consistent character width.
- 11528 - Gradient colors incorrect on Android
- 11527 - Unicode text on Android clipped
- 11513 - If a stack has font attributes set, then ideal text layout is not
used in fullscreen mode.
- 11507 - Prevent crash in revBrowser on OSX when there is no data source
- 11505 - Multiply blend mode does not work correctly for graphic effects
- 11447 - 'put the MCSSendString of' crashes
We have added a new ‘pixelScale’ property (global) that allows you to
control the density at which your stack is rendered. This property
By default, LiveCode will automatically set the density of your stack to
the density of the device it is running on. For example:
- iPad (1.0)
- iPad retina (2.0)
In the example above, the height of the stack (in portrait) will report
back at 1024 on both devices, even though the iPad retina has 2048 physical
pixels. To access all the devices pixels in previous version of LiveCode
you set the “iphoneUseDeviceResolution” property to true. However, with the
changes made in 6.5 Android developers needed a similar feature to iOS.
So, to turn off automatic scaling on a high-density display you can set the
pixelScale to ‘1.0’.
*Getting this release*
To upgrade to this release please select "check for updates" from the help
menu in LiveCode or download the installers directly at:
The LiveCode Team
Benjamin Beaumont . RunRev Ltd
LiveCode Product Manager
mail : 25a Thistle Street Lane South West, Edinburgh, EH2 1EW
email : ben at runrev.com
company : +44(0) 845 219 89 23
fax : +44(0) 845 458 8487
web : www.runrev.com
LiveCode - Programming made simple
More information about the Use-livecode