Question re ChartsEngine

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Wed Dec 4 09:59:38 EST 2013

Hi Alex (sending to you directly as well as the list, so you might get this twice in your inbox)

The problem is that maxY doesn't work with stackedBar charts. I know it's kind of an unexpected feature to leave out for that particular type, but that's how it always has been :(

To clean all 'settings' for ChartsEngine, you need to manipulate the custom property set of the group that shows the chart. Sometimes that can be confusing, so I suggest you browse trough the custom properties in the property inspector of the IDE and select the propertySet "charts" there. Then you can pick properties to delete one by one, or just delete the propertySet "charts" completely to start fresh. An approach that I use often would be to reset the properties and start completely over every time via script, it works like this:

put "1,2,3" & return & "4,5,6" into chartsArray["data"]
put "barsStacked" into chartsArray["chartStyle"]
--etc.
set the customProperties["charts"] of group "example" to chartsArray
send "chartsRefresh" to group "example"

Also make sure to check out the documentation stack, it's supplied with every download.

If you can't post to forums.runrev.com, then you probably need to ask RunRev support about that... But of course you can always contact me directly on chartsengine at chartsengine.com , or any other of my email addresses. All relevant information about ChartsEngine can always be found here:

http://forums.runrev.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=6882

Cheers
Bjoernke

PS: don't forget that ChartsEngine is part of the winter holiday sale that RunRev is having right now: http://livecode.com/mega-bundle-2013/