Copy

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Dec 1 01:12:48 EST 2013

Hi Mark:

I've had Copy for a little while now, but haven't been able to figure out
if it's possible to directly share a file, without having to route people
through the Copy web site.  Do you know if this is possible?

The key thing for me with DropBox (and what I think is missing with most
of the other cloud services) is (virtual) direct file access from your
desktop.   You can share your files without having to go through any
service.  Box, SugarSync, Google Drive (and apparently Copy) all require
the people you share with to go through a Web page to get ahold of your
files.  At least, from what I've been able to figure out.

With DropBox I can make any folder on my desktop publicly accessible, and
offer direct download of files without having to designate any special
sharing, which is great for working with LiveCode stacks.  If any of the
other services offer this kind of accessibility, I would love to know how
to enable it.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director