IDE versus MSG Box - Field Tabstops

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Wed Aug 14 21:09:44 EDT 2013

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:17 PM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com>wrote:

> But before I file a bug report, let's see if it's worth the time:  has
> anyone ever had code that produced unexpected/unwanted results from this
> inconsistent treatment of the input values of tabStops?

Yes, until I figured out what was going on.  Personally, I'm leery of
anything that tries to interpret my input based on arbitrary logic and
would much rather set either tabstops or tabwidths and have each of them
retain the values I set them to without trying to interpret them.

Also, I've always found the automatic generation of tabstops under Geoff's
rule 3 to be arbitrary but no doubt some folks prefer it that way.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>