git integration, but not of LC projects

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Aug 11 21:22:44 EDT 2013

Geoff-

Sunday, August 11, 2013, 6:07:23 PM, you wrote:

> I mean set up a project on GitHub (not sure if that can be done from LC), then use LC to:
>  -- clone the repo
>  -- make changes to the files locally
>  -- pull and push to sync

Ah. OK - so there's a common remote repository for the files.
All those operations can be shelled out easily. That's the way I deal
with them. As long as you have remotes configured pushing and pulling
can be done, but resolving conflicts may be a problem. It's not
something I would expect to be done automatically, or something that I
would trust even if it were. I shell out to gitk and kdiff3 for that.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net