Going to school

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 29 02:20:05 EDT 2013

Yes, I already had a .rev file in my home folder on a laptop from an earlier
LC installation.  I copied the two community edition license files from
.rev/licenses into the same file on the laptop, then copied the LC program
files from /opt into the same place on the laptop.  Had to restart for some
reason, after which it worked fine.

Incidentally, it seems that this version of LC allows one to put IDE windows
on different desktops.  At least it looked that way on a first try.  Hope
so.  If this really does work properly it will be a huge step forward in
convenience.

I'm still not comfortable with product activation in open source packages,
and am surprised to find that its permissible.  Be interested to hear if the
Debian free repositories accept it, or if they put it into non-free. I don't
know another OSS package that requires it.  The desire to keep some sort of
control is very understandable, but its one of the things you give up with
OSS.

Peter