on-rev file upload and upload path?

neil at runrev.com neil at runrev.com
Fri Apr 26 18:17:10 EDT 2013

Dear John,

Thank you for your request

One method of uploading afile to as specific directory on the on-rev
server is by using a shell command-

<?lc
set the errorMode to "inline"
?>
<head></head>
<H1>Upload Form</H1>
<form enctype="multipart/form-data" action="testupload.lc" method="POST">
Choose a file to upload: <input name="uploadedfile" type="file" /><br />
<input type="submit" value="Upload File" />
</form>

<H1>Uploaded Files</H1>

<?lc
create folder "uploadnew"

if $_Files[uploadedfile][error] then
    put "There was an error uploading your file:" &&
$_Files[uploadedfile][error] & "<br />"
else
    put $_Files[uploadedfile][filename] into tFilePath

get shell ("mv" && tFilePath && "~/public_html/testupload.txt")

?>

What the above shell command does is move ("mv") the file tFilePath to a
new location with a new filename. (I am uploading a text file but any file
can be uploaded along as the file extension is set correctly)

I hope this gives you some leads.

Kind Regards

Neil Roger
--

RunRev Support Team ~ http://www.runrev.com
LiveCode – Realize fast, compile-free coding
> Hi All

> I'm looking to upload a simple text file to a specific directory on the
> on-rev server. I've looked at the tutorial here
> http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4070/l/40708-how-to-upload-a-file-with-livecode-server
> and noticed in the comments that the file gets uploaded to tmp. However,
> when I look there I don't see the file
?  But it reports a successful