STATE OF ONLINE VIDEO AND HTML5 2Q 2013

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Thu Apr 25 15:58:46 EDT 2013

stephen barncard <stephenREVOLUTION2 at ...> writes:

> a good read, well prepared.

It is both of those. I'm suspicious of the statcounter statistics they're
using, though, as they're worldwide and I'm not sure how they're weighted.
For instance, if you look at just the US statistics you'll see that IE has a
predominant (and depressing) 40% of the browser market. And the chrome
statistics are significantly different in Europe.

The HTML5 capabilities charts are instructive, but if you're targeting a
market for HTML5 audio or video then the percent-of-market chart needs some
rethinking based on projected usage.

--
 Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net