[COMPLETELY OT] More On Earth-Like Planets

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 15:12:45 EDT 2013

On 04/25/2013 09:43 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 4/25/13 12:34 PM, Scott Rossi wrote:
>> Sure, open source LiveCode is pretty interesting, but hey, it's possible
>> alien lifeŠ
>
> I welcome alien life because it's not only super cool, but I think it
> would solve world peace. Humans are territorial and we identify with
> the smallest group that opposes a perceived enemy. If a neighbor is a
> jerk, we identify with immediate family. If the enemy is an opposing
> sports team, we identify with a whole school. If the enemy is another
> country, we get nationalism. If the perceived enemy was an entire
> world, we'd all band together to oppose it and we just might possibly
> start getting along.

That's a jolly thought; we'll all be getting on together as we work to
oppose whatever aliens we
find, and we can all smile lovingly at each other when those aliens;
realising what a terretorial, xenophobic lot we are, wipe us of the face
of the earth.

Any intelligent aliens (who, we hope, are not territorial and
xenophobic) should be welcomed, and not at
gunpoint.

Richmond.