Introduction, and invitation to the LibrePlanet LiveCode users group

Fabian Rodriguez magicfab at member.fsf.org
Wed Apr 24 16:33:48 EDT 2013

On 2013-04-24 16:08, Björnke von Gierke wrote:
> I don't really understand the purpose of that wiki entry? Do you
> want to start a kind of portal page, or a link list?

Thanks for asking.

Yes, the purpose is to have independent information setup and
available at all times about LiveCode, which won't depend so much on
RunRev and can be updated/distributed freely.

In my work as a free open source software consultant I make it a
requirement to be able to freely share the documentation I write for
my customers (ie. under a free license). The LibrePlanet wiki allows
that and makes any contribution assigned as a copyright to the FSF.

The current infrastructure didn't allow that and this should not
depend only on RunRev. It seemed natural to start another resource
within the FSF infrastructure. In time I hope to contribute to
official documentation - of course RunRev or anybody else can do that
too from notes on the new wiki if they wish so, keeping in mind the
content licence.

This also means when people hire me or someone else (including
RunRev), our work should be more efficient, not being blocked, and
learning from other people's work (and mistakes).

> For example it says "an email list is being set up", but there's 3
> LC related mailing lists already?

I am only aware of one LiveCode mailing list:

What would be the others?

The main purpose of the mailing list would be coordination of advocacy
and communications with other local user groups and RunRev. I'd hate
to be posting here about such matters too often, I don't think this
list is for that. It may or may not take off, we'll see.

For now my professional focus is publishing documentation and
self-help (including real-time via IRC), other goals will develop in
time, hopefuly while collaborating with RunRev.

Cheers,

F.

- --
Fabián Rodríguez