Missing controls in standalone

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 11:43:59 EDT 2013

Michael Doub <mikedoub at gmail.com> Wrote:

> I looked at the new Standalone settings for Windows and there is something new that I have not seen before and it is not documented:  UAC Execution Level.   I get this weird behavior on the Default setting.    When I set it on Highest Available, this starts to work again on my Window 7 system.   It still did not work on my friends PC at work...I am waiting to hear what version of windows he has.

UAC is possibly a red herring, unless you are putting/getting images from somewhere that requires administrator privileges to access?  That said, if your account on your PC has admin rights and your friend's work account doesn't...
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/bb756929.aspx

Mark