[OT] Cross-platform tools shootout

Mark Wilcox m_p_wilcox at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 22 11:17:17 EDT 2013

Hi,

I've been digging through the data from VisionMobile's last developer survey (they're running another one at the moment) which a lot of happy LiveCoder's participated in. Every week I publish some new nugget of info. This week it's the results of the developer satisfaction questions on cross-platform tools. LiveCode came out third overall in case anyone is interested in seeing the numbers:
http://build.developereconomics.com/cross-platform-tools-shootout/

This data shouldn't be taken too seriously but the weaknesses that prevented a win were "Native UI look and feel" which presumably will be fixed by the upcoming theming support and "Access to native APIs" - what is everyone missing? Desktop features missing? Lack of Android Externals? Or hasn't Monte been working hard enough. ;)

Mark