AW: put URL destroys my file

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Thu Apr 18 03:37:03 EDT 2013

Hi Devin,
I tested the following and found out the OS X is doing some magic things.
Not setting the filetype lets LC set it to a standard text document.
Setting it to empty lets OS X choose the creator by the file suffix.
Setting it to a correct code of a program, which is installed on the machine
leads to a document as you have set the code. Whether the program can later
open the document or not.
Setting it to a wrong / not existing code or a correct code of a program
which isn't installed on the machine lets OS X choose the creator by the
file suffix.
So actually your guess could be wrong (what I don't think!) and it still
would work but I can't verify it. I decided to stay with setting the
filetype to empty and hope all current OS X will handle that.
Thanks for the update of your helpful web site
Tiemo

Auftrag