revOpenDatabase

Mats Åström matsastrom at yahoo.se
Tue Apr 16 06:19:05 EDT 2013

Has anyone used revOpenDatabase to connect to an MS SQL database?
I have been trying to open an ODBC connection using this:

put revOpenDatabase("ODBC","DRIVER=SQL Server;SERVER=" & tServerAndPort & ";DATABASE=" & tDBname & ";UID=" & tUser & ";PWD=" & tPsw & ";Trusted_Connection=No",,,) into dbIDThe server connects on port 55999 so tServerAndport contains "theServerIPaddress:55999".
I get this error msg in return:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Invalid string or buffer length

If only the server IP is provided in the second argument, the resulting message is:
[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

The docs says that port is only used only for MySQL an Postgree.
Does that mean I cannot use revOpenDatabase to connect to an MS SQL database on a specific port?
I am using LC 5.5 on Windows.

/Mats