The "last" group

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Apr 13 16:15:50 EDT 2013

I think I ran into this a couple of years back but don't remember what the
workaround is.

In some cases,, "the last group" does not return a reference to the last
group created.  I'm not sure of all the circumstances that cause this but
here's my situation.

My script creates several groups, let's call them grp1, grp2,grp3, and
after creating them, uses a group command to group all those groups into
one outer group.  After the group command, I "set the name of the last
group to "grpA".  The group that gets renamed is not the outer group but
grp3.

The group command, unlike just about any other command that creates an
object does not return an ID in "it" so I have to use "the last group"
construct, as recommended in the dictionary actually.

I guess I will have to search through the groups and find the one with the
highest ID to identify the outer group but before I do that, any ideas
about how else to do this?

Thanks,

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>