Hiding stacks from the project browser

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Apr 11 22:51:47 EDT 2013

On 12/04/2013, at 12:31 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Scott-
>
> Thursday, April 11, 2013, 7:09:02 PM, you wrote:
>
>> If you find a way, please let us know.  Been wanting this ability
>> for years, but threw in the towel and went with the rev prefix.  Not
>> very convenient for development.
>
> The following function is in button "revCommon" of stack "revLibrary"
> and is among the backscripts:
>
> function revFilterStacksList pStacks
>   local tReturnValue
>   repeat for each line l in pStacks
>      if l is among the items of "Message Box,Home,Answer Dialog,Ask Dialog,Script Debugger,File Selector,Color Chooser,Magnify" then
>         next repeat
>      end if
>      if char 1 to 3 of l is "rev" then
>         next repeat
>      end if
>
>      -- This allows a hook function somewhere in the message path to do extra filtering on stacks.
>      dispatch function "revHookIsUserStack" to me with the long id of stack l
>      if it is not "handled" or the result then
>         put l & cr after tReturnValue
>      end if
>   end repeat
>   delete last char of tReturnValue
>   return tReturnValue
> end revFilterStacksList
>
> ...so you could conceivably implement a revHookIsUserStack() function
> that would hide the stack. You'd have a hard time finding it
> afterwards, so it's not something I'd recommend.

Hmm... is the function only run when the IDE stacks aren't being shown though? Worth testing... Would be better if this function dispatched to the actual stack so we didn't need to implement frontscripts for every plugin...

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!