Dismissing ios keyboard

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Tue Apr 9 10:42:54 EDT 2013

ios:
I have a single line field that I want to use with the numeric keypad.
That baby has no return key, so I created a separate button on the screen
to send the inputReturnkey message to it, because trying to send it a CR,
typing a return does not seem to do anything.

The problem is that afterwards, the keyboard stays on the screen.  If there
was a keyboard with a return key on it on the screen, after hitting return
the keyboard would dismiss.

Since tapping at some random location that doesn't have anything underneath
it will also cause the field to lose focus and the keyboard to dismiss, I
have tried click at x,y, where x,y is some empty space, but that doesn't
seem to work, either.

How the heck do I get rid of this keyboard???

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."