[OT] New pricing

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Tue Apr 9 03:36:09 EDT 2013

On 09/04/2013, at 5:12 PM, Georges Malamoud wrote:

> Regarding the App Store, would it be useful if Runrev makes a public statement to Apple stating that all stacks created with the community edition of LC are covered by the GPLv2 license (or something else) and that as the owner of the rights of the former proprietary edition of LC, they are allowing these apps to be published and will not fight against them ?

I think RunRev might want to be careful here. For starters they may want the support of various open source bodies at some point that may find such a statement to Apple to undermine their stance. They also may need to consider that many potential contributors may come from the (quite anti Apple) Linux world and their use of a dual-license will already have the purists folks off side. Obviously it's RunRev's decision to make but I know I would want to tread carefully.

--
M E R Goulding
Software development services

mergExt - There's an external for that!