trouble playing video in iOS

Apps Foundry appsfoundry67 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 13:13:05 EDT 2013

I am trying to build a museum kiosk app for a client. I found the excellent
lesson at:

http://lessons.runrev.com/s/lessons/m/4069/l/29287-How-do-I-play-a-video-in-part-of-the-screen-in-iOS

Using this code (after applying the fix noted in the Comments), I can play
the video on an iPad just fine, EXCEPT that there is no audio!?!

The audio plays correctly in the IDE (if I play it via "*start* player
"player3", where player3's filename property is set to point to the file.)

The audio in question is a .mov file, but it also fails to play audio when
I test with the .mp4 video that came with the lesson. Other videos (well,
streaming videos anyway) play fine on the iPad (in the browser).

Any suggestions as to a possible cause or where to look for additional
clues?

Thanks,

Larry Walker

Code follows, in case someone asks:

*on* openCard

   *// Check the control doesn't already exist. If so delete and recreate it
*

   *if* the platform is "iPhone" *then*

      *if* "ioscontrol" is among the lines of iphoneControls() *then*

         controlDelete

      *end* *if*

      iphoneControlCreate "player", "ioscontrol"

      *// Set the basic properties including visibility, rectangle and
video file path*

      iphoneControlSet "ioscontrol", "filename", specialFolderPath("engine")
& "/video.mp4"

      iphoneControlSet "ioscontrol", "preserveAspect", true

      iphoneControlSet "ioscontrol", "showController", true

      iphoneControlSet "ioscontrol", "visible", true

      iphoneControlSet "ioscontrol", "rect", the rect of graphic
"rectangle1"

      *// Start playing the video*

      iphoneControlDo "ioscontrol", "play"

   *end* *if*

*end* openCard

*on* closeCard

   *// Delete the control when we leave the card*

   *if* the platform is "iPhone" *then*

      controlDelete

   *end* *if*

*end* closeCard