Win ico sizes

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Apr 8 13:03:06 EDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 8:34 AM, Monte Goulding wrote:

> On 08/04/2013, at 9:31 PM, Roger Eller wrote:
>
> > I look forward to mergIcon. ;-p
>
> Not likely to happen... this was all about 8 or 9 years ago.

Yeah, I was kidding.  Well... unless you wanted to.  It would be a welcome
addition, especially if it could spit out icons for all supported platforms
including iOS and Android with the user only having to provide a large
enough source png.

> > Seriously, since cross-platform icon creation is so difficult, or at
> least
> > inconsistent, I would rather have an option in LiveCode to generate icons
> > from a  png file at build time.
>
> Hmm... I'm sure it would be possible. Maybe it would be a good project for
> you Roger?

Ha!  I barely have the energy to make it through a day at the office
anymore. :-\  Aside from that, I have not worked with imageData hardly at
all.  Manipulation on a pixel level is best left to the pros, imho.  I wish
I had your confidence to go forth and make it happen though.  I do think it
would be a worthy addition to LiveCode.  Perhaps after
open sourcing, someone will have a go at it.

> --
> Monte Goulding
>
> M E R Goulding - software development services
> mergExt - There's an external for that!

~Roger