[OT] New pricing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 7 23:35:27 EDT 2013

Dr. Hawkins wrote:
 > On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 > > I'm no attorney, but as a layperson I would find it disturbing if the
 > > explicit intentions of the creator of a license were not given
weight in how
 > > that license is interpreted.
 >
 > It's not the explicit intentions, it's the drafting:  your time to
 > craft what you want when you write it; you don't get to add notions or
 > refinements later.

Well, I suppose the GPL as written may be interpreted by individuals in
any number of ways, but as the links I provided earlier show, Apple has
complied with requests to pull down GPL-governed works on the grounds
that they are not compliant with the license.

If one is adventurous there's nothing stopping them from trying, and
apparently Apple lets a few slip by.  Then again, they've also had
ID-theftware slip by too, but such errors in the review process should
not be mistaken for policy.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems