Page 2 of a PDF

David Epstein dfepstein at comcast.net
Sat Apr 6 14:00:16 EDT 2013

>  J. Landman Gay:
> That's pretty good, it works great. Where'd you get the "75" from?
>
> Based on your calculation, this one-liner also works:
>
> on goPage n
>     set the currenttime of player 1 to (n-1)*75
> end goPage

Thank you, that's an improvement.  The 75 came from observing that
the "duration" of a player with a PDF loaded seemed to be 75*(z-1)
where z = the number of pages.

> Thomas McGrath III:
> Do you have more code or explanations about how this works? I am
> actually looking for a step for images in a scrolling group on iOS
> and Android but your email made me think that maybe a pdf might
> work. I need the images to 'land' fully in view even if the user
> has not scrolled all the way on a touch.

I don't know about iOS or Android, but I would think you could move
an image to the group's top edge by setting the scroll of the group
to the top of the image minus item 2 of the formattedRect of the group.

David Epstein