Do we have to care about Windows RT?

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 5 05:52:31 EDT 2013

On 04/05/2013 12:16 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my knowledge about Windows RT is still very small. As far as I have
> understood it so far you only can run Apps from the Windows Store on RT and
> so we don't have to care about it from the LiveCode side so far.
>
> What I would like to know, is it possible, that a customer could (try to)
> install standard windows software (not from the windows store) by cracking
> /routing on a RT system so that I could run into unwanted support cases for
> my software? Or is this approach safely blocked by the RT system?
>
> What systemversion would RT have? Is it at all a part of the known windows
> family?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_RT

"The only desktop applications officially supported by Windows RT are
those that come with the operating system itself"

Ha, Ha, Ha; the old trick of trying to lock out the competition rears
its ugly head again.

*** Dunno how one would get a Livecode standalone running on that ***

So; on my spanking new Win RT device I can ONLY access the internet with
Internet Explorer
so that anybody can hack all my passwords, rip off my bank card numbers,
and generally
sc**w me for everything.

When will Microsoft learn that you can only fool some of the people some
of the time.

I'm just waiting for another court case where Microsoft will have to
climb down again and allow
"wicked" programs such as Mozilla Firefox and LibreOffice onto their new
baby.

Oh, and for 'baby' in this context read 'changeling'.

Richmond.