searching an array?

Mark Talluto userev at canelasoftware.com
Thu Apr 4 12:38:38 EDT 2013

On Apr 4, 2013, at 8:31 AM, Chris Sheffield <cmsheffield at icloud.com> wrote:

> Okay array experts. I need help. :-)
>
> Is there any way to search and/or filter an array? I'm not finding anything in the docs, but I probably don't know what I'm looking for. My only thought was to use combine to convert the array to a list, and then use the filter command to locate what I need. But there's a problem with this... My array is multidimensional, and combine doesn't work.
>
> So short of iterating through each array element, is there any other way to do this?

You could do a combine.  This will maintain all the elements of the array. The do a search on the single variable. If you need to maintain the array, remember to duplicate the variable before doing the combine.

combine tTempArrayA using lf and "="
This will keep everything in place as one example.

Best regards,

Mark Talluto
canelasoftware.com