DataGrids with no UI

Todd Geist todd at geistinteractive.com
Wed Sep 26 09:48:13 EDT 2012

Hello,

I keep wanting to use hidden Data Grids, so much so that I have been considering trying to rip out the UI.

The simplest use for this would be something like this.

I have a group of fields on a card. And I want that group bound to something just like the DataGrid except I will never show the DataGrid to the user.  The user navigates from record to record, does searches, adds new records, deletes records, etc.  All from the card.   DataGrids have a lot of stuff that can help manage that.  And it might be nice to have an API that was consistent between the

So my question is… does anyone else feel a need for this?  Do you think it is worth trying to create a control with the same Data API as the DataGrid, but with no UI? Are there any benefits to be gained over just using a hidden DataGrid.

Thanks

Todd

--
Todd Geist