detect keyboard height on mobile

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Sep 20 22:49:38 EDT 2012

> It would be much simpler to have a cross platform modal for text editing.
> Perhaps single and multiline options.

Except sometimes you wish your editing was not modal... A client complained
about the modal editing, he wanted me to provide in-place editing for the
apps forms but since they were complex forms that went below the the middle
of the card, I could not provide in-place editing because the keyboard
would launch on top of the fields.

My solution was to hard code some modal inputs which is not bad but still I
need to figure out where to place the controls on the modal input card. For
example is my "ok" button too far down that it will overlap with the
keyboard? This is a hard question to answer. Not all inputs are single
line. Sometimes you have a text area input, how tall can this text area be
before it overlaps with the keyboard?

I want the working screenrect to tell me that information. =)

http://www.andregarzia.com -- All We Do Is Code.
http://fon.nu -- minimalist url shortening service.