[OT] EULA and legality

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Mon Sep 10 13:35:15 EDT 2012

Yes, I thought of that analogy.  The problem is, as others have said on
this thread, I don't believe Apple's EULA is legal whereas car lease
conditions are.

It's not a case of morality, piracy, honesty or any other human traits that
have been mentioned during this thread.  I simply do not believe their EULA
is legal which puts Apple in the wrong, not me.  Others have a different
opinion and will stick to the EULA.  That's fine, it's just a different
opinion

I have no problem with Apple "behaving like a business", they have a
responsibility to their shreholders to do so, nor would I expect them to
provide any support if I broke their EULA terms, nor do I blame them for
trying to create a closed, sanitized environment for their software to make
support easier.  I like Apple hardware and software, use it as my main
platform for programming and personal use.  I just happen to believe their
EULA is legally unenforceable.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>