Re: cmd paste ok, cmd copy doesn´t work

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Sun Sep 9 07:12:37 EDT 2012

Bonjour Richard,

I had the same problem sometimes ago: Cmd C not working any more in a standalone ;-((

See, in the archives, the thread "copy-paste not working in a standalone" in last july
http://lists.runrev.com/pipermail/use-livecode/2012-July/175010.html

Thanks to replies on the list (specially from Jacque and Paul) I am currently using the following handler in the main stack script :
--------
on commandKeyDown pKey
    if the environment is "standalone application" then
        switch pKey
            case "c"
                if the selection is not empty then set the clipboardData["text"] to the selection
                break
            case "x"
                if the selection is not empty then
                    set the clipboardData["text"] to the selection
                    put empty into the selection
                end if
                break
            case "v"
                if the clipboardData["text"] is not empty then put the clipboardData["text"] into the selectedText
                break
            case "a"
                select text of the focusedObject
                break