[OT] EULA and legality

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Sep 8 23:29:55 EDT 2012

On 09/08/2012 09:34 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> It's unclear to me why the fact that I buy a license to use software versus
> owning the actual software itself has any effect on what I choose to do
> with it.

Why is it unclear? Because you don't understand it or because you don't
like it? You are licensed to use the software but only so long as you
are using it according to the terms under which Apple (in this example)
agrees to make it available to you. Your license ends when you use the
software outside those terms. Deciding that the terms don't suit you
isn't license to ignore them. Your legal option is to find some other
software with terms you like better or that fit your particular scenario
better.

Warren