pirate version of my book...

Ken Corey ken at kencorey.com
Sun Sep 2 15:16:09 EDT 2012

Real numbers will be hard to come by obviously, but androidpit seems to
claim that they provide for those in eastern europe and russia (and
maybe down into the far east for all I know), as they claim to have set
up deals with merchant providers in those countries.

Android pit seem to be working all the angles.  You must deposit money
with them (in multiples of $5, I think), and purchase out of those
funds...so there's a tidy profit in the tied-up funds sitting in their
account.

Incidentally, the app we released was on sale for $199.99, the max the
Google play store will accept in the US. On AndroidPit it was available
for $239.99.  As if they needed even /more/ markup!?!

Then, you must install an androidpit installer app, setting your device
to allow apps from unknown sources.

So, it's illegal there, and it's /easier/ and *cheaper* on Google Play.

I guess that I'm saying they probably aren't taking a huge bite out of
most people's earnings.

Gads, I *hope* people aren't stupid enough to buy from them, at least in
the markets Google Play inhabits.

-Ken