Retina scale factor versus display metrics

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 26 13:24:34 EDT 2012

Thomas McGrath III wrote:

 > On Oct 26, 2012, at 12:28 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >>
 >> I believe LC 5.5.3's new mobilePixelDensity function will provide
 >> the specificity you're looking for.
 >
 > Richard, Thanks for the reply. But that does not really answer the
 > question of wether the new mobilePixelDensity is actually based on
 > pixel doubling (halving, tripling, whatever) or just of categorized
 > screen sizes as my searches on the internet seems to be saying.
 >
 > In other words is the new mobilePixelDensity a true actual density
 > of the screen or just a trick to group different sized screens into
 > manageable groups and figure out a 'rough' screen percentage using
 > DPI?

I do honestly believe that the new mobilePixelDensity function will
provide the specificity you're looking for, based on actual density
rather than the more general density groupings.

If anyone know otherwise it might merit a bug report, since the specific
density value is far more useful than the approximation.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World