OK, two basic iOS questions (formerly iPad retina weirdness)

Lars Brehmer larsbrehmer at me.com
Fri Oct 26 09:21:37 EDT 2012

Sorry if anybody reacted to this!

I finally found the "iphoneUseDeviceResolution true" function, and now it looks just like I meant it to look!

But the fact that I asked really underscores how behind I am on the learning curve of using liveCode for iDevices!

So my app looks very nice indeed, but two very basic problems with the functionality popped up.

First: I assumed that scrolling text fields were somehow handled automatically in iOS, that is a flick of the finger scrolls the field. I guess you all know that this is not the case! I have a scrolling list field which when the desired line is reached, mouseUp on it performs the desired operation. I found the iosScroller keyword and the BeginDecelerate and EndDecelerate, but unfortunately I couldn't figure out how to implement them!

A little help here?

The second one also involves a bad guess about what iOS automaticaly does. This one involves the keyboard. In iOS when you tap a field it appears. But in every app I have ever seen if the active field is at the bottom of the app, the entire app slides up, so the keyboard does not prevent you from seeing what you are typing. But it's not automatic. Does anyone know how to do this?

I am astonished at how fantastic liveCode works with iOS and was amazed to see that almost everything works smoothly on the first try, even for someone with my limited skills! But htese two very basic things are crucial, so I am looking for tips!

Cheers,

Lars