Explicit Variables again

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Oct 19 20:26:22 EDT 2012

On 10/19/12 5:41 PM, Peter M. Brigham wrote:
> For those who
> are interested here is my version (slightly altered from yours,
> Jacque). They are all control-shift keypresses that work only in the
> IDE script editor.

Actually, heavily modified. :) Here's mine for comparison. It uses the
command key instead of control key, doesn't include any commenting
functions, and still doesn't have your (useful) "type space" addition
which I've been meaning to add now for a few years.

on commandKeyDown whichKey
   if ("editor field" is not in the name of the target and "script" is
not in the name of the target) \
         or the shiftkey is not down
   then pass commandKeyDown
   switch whichKey
     case quote
     case "'"
       put quote & the selection & quote into the selection
       break
     case "v" -- paste only plain text
       put the clipboardData["text"] into the selection
       break
     case "="
     case "+"
       put " -" & "-" & "#"&"#"&"#" into the selection
       break
     case "9"
     case "0"
     case "("
     case ")"
       put "(" & the selection & ")" into the selection
       break
     case "["
     case "]"
     case "{"
     case "}"
       get the selection
       put "[" & it & "]" into the selection
       if it = "" then
         put the selectedchunk into tSel
         put word 4 of tSel into word 2 of tSel
         put (word 4 of tSel) - 1 into word 4 of tSel
         select tSel
       end if
       break
     case " " -- scriptPaint