Explicit Variables again

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 18 15:54:22 EDT 2012

Mark Wieder wrote:

> Richard-
>
> Thursday, October 18, 2012, 11:45:18 AM, you wrote:
>
>> There are probably some users who run with it on, but not many.
>
> ...sad, but possibly true.
>
>> IIRC, explicitvars were seen as too cumbersome to work with, since as a
>> truly global property the required that EVERYTHING you're using comply
>> with it, and too many plugins didn't.
>
> Not at all true.
>
> Oh, wait... you're trolling again, right?

I don't understand your frequent use of "trolling". I wasn't "trolling"
last time you suggested I was, and I'm not "trolling" now.  And as far
as I know, Jacque wasn't "trolling" each of the times you suggested she
was either.   Can we please move past that?

I'm frequently incorrect, but when I am it isn't intentional.

If you need to toss a word around try "mistaken", or even "buffoon", but
I'm not "trolling".

> You're correct in that explicitVars only comes into play when you're
> compiling a script, but I've always worked with explicitVars enabled.
> If it caused problems in a generic sense I'd never be able to run the
> IDE.

If you choose to use explicitVars that's your own choice.  But with all
due respect, you're not the only one making plugins.

Many simply don't use it; I haven't even thought about them in years
since RunRev made their implementation in the IDE compile-moment-specific.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World