Explicit Variables again

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Thu Oct 18 15:34:16 EDT 2012

Richard,

When this recently occurred when I started reworking one of my old projects, I was non-plussed, having actually forgotten how to declare vars explicitly. (smile) With my very poor vision I started looking for instances in which I had done so in the past and could not find any. So I am very pleased that this topic has surfaced on the list. I could not find any explanation that I could read in the Dictionary or the User's Guide. I've been avoiding using VARs so far by referencing containers. Not always very easy and, obviously, much slower. Guidance please?

Joe Wilkins