Drag & drop controls inside a scroller

JosepM jmyepes at mac.com
Thu Oct 18 02:09:49 EDT 2012

Hi,

I need help to drag and drop controls inside a scroller.
Someone have any experience about? Grab me don't work nor the classic drag
and drop operations.

I found a great sample from Scoot Rossi showing the misteries of drag and
drop

http://www.tactilemedia.com/site_files/downloads/drag_sampler.rev

That run fine on iOS, but using the same inside the scroller no.

    local allowDrag
    on mouseDown
      put (the mouseH - left of me),(the mouseV - top of me) into allowDrag
    end mouseDown

    on mouseMove x,y
      if allowDrag = "" then exit mouseMove
      set topLeft of me to \
          (x - item 1 of allowDrag) & "," & (y - item 2 of allowDrag)
      # if within(grc box1,loc of me) then put "You hit box 1" into fld
status
      # if within(grc box2,loc of me) then put "You hit box 2" into fld
status
      put "" into fld status
      if intersect(me,grc box1) then put "You hit box 1" into fld status
      if intersect(me,grc box2) then put "You hit box 2" into fld status
    end mouseMove

    on mouseUp
      put empty into fld status
      put "" into allowDrag
    end mouseUp

    on mouseRelease
      mouseUp
    end mouseRelease

This is the code inside of the button that I want drag. The control move
only a few pixels and stop...

Any idea?