Shell command problem on Windows 7

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Oct 16 16:57:27 EDT 2012

I tried this:

on mouseUp pMouseBtnNo
    put quote & "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\AcroRD32.exe" & quote into tCommand
    put shell(tCommand) into tResult
    answer tResult
end mouseUp

I saved a windows standalone and copied it to my XP VM. I don't use Vista or 7.

It launches Acrobat. Unless there is something specific with the windows 7 shell, I think you must be mistaken about the string containing the quotes.

Bob