Problems with revxml external

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Oct 16 06:35:11 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have problems with the revxml external in an old LC 4.6.2 program on W7.

Everything worked with my xml functions for a long time without problems.
Since I worked on an update and made several other changes the revxml seems
not to work anymore in a standalone. In IDE everything still works fine.

I checked the standalone options, selected the XML library manually and also
by search for the required inclusions. The revxml external seems to be
loaded correct, it shows up in the externalpackages in stack "home" in the
IDE and in stack "revExternalLibrary" in my standalone. But calling xml
functions, like "revcreateXMLTree()" or "revcreateXMLTreeFromFile()" I just
get an "error in function handler" as the result.

Copying the same piece of code into a fresh new stack and testing the
standalone in the same folder (with the revxml.dll in the externals
subfolder), everything works correct. So there must be any kind of conflict
in my old stack. But I have no idea, where to look for or how to go on
testing and debugging. Have you ever encountered such behavior with
externals? Could there be a conflict with other externals?

Any ideas where and what to look for highly appreciated.

Tiemo