[OT] Pray for Andre

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 15 13:53:56 EDT 2012

Bob Sneidar wrote:

 > On Oct 15, 2012, at 10:17 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >
 >> We will never have a reason-based discussion of substance abuse
 >> in our culture as long as our media is owned by a small number
 >> of companies, some of whom make booze and all of whom earn big
 >> bucks from booze advertising.
 >
 > Just poking around in Google, I didn't find any references to
 > any alcohol companies or breweries owning any of the major media
 > outlets like ABC, NBC, CBS, MSNBC, CNN of Fox. Do you have any
 > references I could look at? This interests me.

Seagram's media holdings include Universal Studios, MCA, PolyGram, and
Deutsche Grammophon. Seagram also gained control of a number of
Universal theme parks.
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seagram>

That and other info on the ever-shrinking number of media ownership
companies in this colorful chart:
<http://www.mediaindustrystudies.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/global-concentration_the-media-ownership-chart2.jpg>

--
  Richard Gaskin