Strict Compile Mode

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Oct 11 18:03:51 EDT 2012

I don't think that is true Pete. I think you DO have to define a global, either in the script or in the handler in order for it to be treated as such. What is causing the shadow variable glitch I don't know.

I personally don't like using strict compile, but I understand it's really a personal preference, and may become more useful the bigger a project gets. But my solution for mistyping a variable is the same as the doctor who is told by his patient that his shoulder hurts when he moves it "like this." The doctor replies, "Well don't do that!"

HTH, Bob