iOS: Internet connection available?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Oct 10 17:49:14 EDT 2012

I read a similar question on a Flash related list today. Someone made the point that the various ways of checking for the Internet are not certain to work, and that maybe you should just try to do what it is you need to do, and if it fails, the Internet isn't there.

If it is there, you could time how long it took to tell, and make decisions based on that. Just knowing that it's wi-fi or LTE, for example, won't let you know what the experience is then going to be like. My LTE gives up to 20 mbps, which is faster than the high speed Internet we have at the office.