Strict Compile Mode

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Oct 9 12:36:51 EDT 2012

Indeed!  Although recent frustrations have made me thing seriously about
using lock messages/wait a lot more even when there's no apparent reason
for doing so.

For example, with help from a kindly customer, I discovered that the
following line of code in a script:

"set the visible of stack tstackname to true"

... caused the rest of the script to not execute.  The fix was either to
move that line to the end of the script so there were no more lines to
execute after it or surround it with lock/unlock messages.  I've no doubt
there's a good explanation for that behavior but what it could possibly be
escapes me.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>