Congrats to Colin

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Oct 8 15:46:02 EDT 2012

We tried to start a SERUG group on the East coast in 2005.  Four people met
in a hotel lobby with our laptops for a couple of hours in Atlanta.

I remember there was a Ralph there (maybe it was you).  I had a 2.5 hour
drive, which was a bit far, so then we switched to virtual meetings in
SecondLife.  Surprisingly, there was very little interest by anyone beyond
the groups founders.  What?  Virtual 3D meeting places?  It was free, and
you didn't even have to leave the couch, but still nobody came.  It's all
about comfort zones I guess.  Virtual was a little too RAD, and after a few
virtual meetings of three people (which were quite fun), then there were
only two, and then game over.

http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/msg60040.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/use-revolution@lists.runrev.com/msg60282.html

~Roger